Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) – Fishing Info

About Big John's Fishing Guide Service

Where does Big John's Fishing Guide Service fish?

We fish the Sacramento area, including Sacramento River, Feather River, Woodson Bridge, California, Corning, CA, Kirkwood.

What are the target fish?

Target fish include Steelhead Trout (Also Called ), Striped Bass (Also Called Striper, Linesider, Rockfish  ), Chinook Salmon (Also Called King Salmon, Quinnat Salmon, Spring Salmon, Tyee Salmon, Kippered Salmon), Shad (Also Called American shad, Atlantic shad, common shad, north river shad, Potomac shad, white shad)

Where in Sacramento to we meet our guests?

We meet at Woodson Bridge RV Park ( 25433 South Ave, Corning, CA 96021, USA )

Do I need a STATE Fishing license?

Yes, a Fishing license is required

Where do I get a STATE Fishing license?

A California fishing license is required for anyone aged 16 years or older. A license is required to fish in freshwater and Saltwater in the State of California. Please visit the California Department of Fish and Wildlife website for more information on regulations and to purchase your license.

How much should I Tip?

It is customary to tip 20% of the trip total. We work tirelessly to make sure you have a guest experience!

Do I need to bring my own gear?

No, we provide standard gear such as rods and reels so you don’t need to worry about anything. But please feel free to bring you own gear if you prefer.